Join our team as a Picobar and Pool Server for Solage, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by providing exceptional service to hotel guests, members, visitors and colleagues by taking food and beverage orders, retrieving and serving alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest’s tables according to hotel specifications in a courteous and efficient manner.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their teammates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Ensures that the highest level of guest service is delivered at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation, method/time, ingredients and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture, temperature, portion size, garnish and presentation.
- Understands and follows the steps of service at all times.
- Understand and anticipate guests' needs , respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, regardless of business volume or time of the day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Complete all opening and closing side duties as assigned
- Organize and cleans the assigned station to ensure readiness prior guest arrival.
- Guide the activities of the assigned assistant server, food runner to ensure optimum service to the guest.
- Set appropriate mise en place for each course prior to the arrival of the food ordered.
- Clear each course and remark the table as necessary.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to anticipate and understand guest service needs.
- Ability to understand the difference between specific dietary requirements and allergies.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guests within any given period of time.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to suggestively sell food items and beverages.
- Ability to access and input information into POS systems.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- One year of experience in a high volume food and beverage establishment, preferred
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Must have or be able to obtain RBS training according to state laws within 30 days upon hiring.
- Must have or be able to obtain a food handlers certification within 30 days upon hiring.
- Must have the ability to move/maneuver in a high paced restaurant environment.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds and more.
- Must be able to perform the entire of the shift standing and walking
The starting pay rate for this position is $15.50 per hour plus tips. This is the pay rate for this position that Solage reasonably expects to pay. Decisions regarding individual pay will be based on a number of factors, such as experience and education.
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts, with 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic, and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
A century ago, Calistoga was a town centered around its bubbling natural hot springs and the beautiful weather of the Napa Valley. Today, it’s a bucket-list destination for ardent wine lovers, foodies, and wellness seekers for its particularly enviable version of the “good life.” Solage was created to reflect its hometown spirit, drawing visitors as well as area vintners who come here after a day in the vineyards to relax over a glass of wine or a craft cocktail and connect.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
The successful candidate will have a general understanding of Solage, the Hospitality industry and this position.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Auberge Resorts LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge Resorts LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position