Join our team as a Solbar Assistant Manager for Solage, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by managing the daily operations of Solbar, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their teammates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Assists Restaurant Manager with upkeep and maintenance of Solbar and premises.
- Assists the Restaurant Manager with supervising, leading, training, and mentoring the front of house staff
- Ensure proper and effective communication between front and back of house staff
- Ensure proper & detailed communication between Sales and restaurant/banquet staff
- Ensures phone networks are up to date with closings, reservation times etc.
- Controls the reservation book and works with restaurant host to manage seating chart
- and communicate to the kitchen staff about daily reservations.
- Prepares daily deposits and ensures accuracy.
- Assist with ordering of beverages and monthly inventory of liquor, wine and beer.
- Assist with ordering of supplies (linens, silverware, glass and china) and other items as deemed necessary
- Works with General Manager to establish service guidelines and ensure consistency in training and execution of these guidelines
- Assists with the sequence of service manual and trains staff on policy/procedure, SOPs, POS system, opening & closing procedures and service and ordering etiquette.
- Ensures guests are satisfied with their dining experience and reacts professionally and appropriately to resolve any and all guest concerns
- Manages daily tip distribution and daily payroll summary
- Manages POS system and timekeeping system on a daily basis
- Provides support to line staff on the floor at all times
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities
- Hard working, courteous, able to work under minimal supervision
- Strong leader with emphasis in guest service
- Innovative, trustworthy, and impartial
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Previous supervisory experience, preferably within a restaurant.
- Intermediate accounting and arithmetic skills.
- Strong leadership skills with an affinity for capacity development.
- Excellent conflict resolution abilities.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have the ability to move/maneuver in a Food & Beverage environment.
- Must be able to stand for the duration of shift if necessary; Lifting Boxes, general cleaning, set up, walking a lot etc.
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts, with 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic, and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
A century ago, Calistoga was a town centered around its bubbling natural hot springs and the beautiful weather of the Napa Valley. Today, it’s a bucket-list destination for ardent wine lovers, foodies, and wellness seekers for its particularly enviable version of the “good life.” Solage was created to reflect its hometown spirit, drawing visitors as well as area vintners who come here after a day in the vineyards to relax over a glass of wine or a craft cocktail and connect.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
The successful candidate will have a general understanding of Solage, the Hospitality industry and this position.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Auberge Resorts LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge Resorts LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Solbar Restaurant
This is a non-management position