The Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning guest rooms as assigned in a timely and thorough manner, ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness and to respond to guest requests for amenities and/or services.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Review assignment sheet and update completed assignments. Check with the supervisor for additional assignments throughout the shift.
- Clean assigned rooms according to system standards including the bedroom/living room, bathroom and furnishings. Ensure the highest possible degree of cleanliness and maintenance of such areas.
- Remove dirty linen and replace with clean par to designated layout.
- Transport linens and supplies as appropriate.
- Place and restock appropriately guest amenities, bath amenities, facial and toilet tissue, literature and other collateral; ensure adequate and supply for arriving guests.
- Ensure proper setting, placement and working order of clock, TV, thermostat, light and other fixtures. Report any deficiencies or malfunctions.
- Inspect all door and window locks to ensure they are in working order and alert management to an unsecured or unsafe situation for the safety of guests and team members.
- Maintain and restock work carts each day; responsible for proper utilization of equipment, supplies and guest amenities.
- Inspect linens before placing them in guest rooms and return below standard pieces to Laundry.
- Responsible for proper administration of key control for issued keys and keys left by guests in rooms.
- Adhere to the lost and found procedure, ensuring the proper retrieval and placement of items found upon a guest's departure.
- Ensure absolute respect for guest's personal property as well as the confidentiality and security of all guest rooms.
- Graciously accommodate guest's requests. Engage with the guest with a smile and appropriate greeting.
- Make suggestions for improvements in overall operations.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Ability to read labels, instructions and checklists in English.
- Must have basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
- Ability to collaborate with other departments and as part of a team.
- Ability to complete tasks with attention to detail and on time.
- Ability to communicate with other team members and guests.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to four (4) hours in length.
- Exert up to 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
- Must be able to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. periodically.
- Must be able to or train to ride an adult tricycle.
- Requires lifting, loading, unloading, grasping, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, stretch, and reach to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Vision requirement: constant need to view small print or see small details beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirement: Constant need to speak on the telephone or radio, respond to the general public and converse with staff and to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
The starting pay range for this position is $20.00 - $21.00 per hour. This is the pay range for this position that Solage reasonably expects to pay. Decisions regarding individual pay will be based on a number of factors, such as experience and education.
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts, with 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic, and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
A century ago, Calistoga was a town centered around its bubbling natural hot springs and the beautiful weather of the Napa Valley. Today, it’s a bucket-list destination for ardent wine lovers, foodies, and wellness seekers for its particularly enviable version of the “good life.” Solage was created to reflect its hometown spirit, drawing visitors as well as area vintners who come here after a day in the vineyards to relax over a glass of wine or a craft cocktail and connect.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
The successful candidate will have a general understanding of Solage, the Hospitality industry and this position.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Auberge Resorts LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge Resorts LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position