Join our team and become one of the authors of our story. As part of the Auberge family, the Area Reservations Sales Agent is a part of a multi-property reservations call center for Solage, Stanly Ranch, and The Inn at Mattei's Tavern. They will provide prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all guest room reservations, changes, cancellations and information requests for Solage, Stanly Ranch, and The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern while leading the Area Reservations Team in their sales efforts in conjunction with the Area Director of Reservations.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Acting as the lead trainer for the resort reservations team, providing training to new associates and ongoing coaching to existing associates.
- Assisting management with the observation and overseeing of the department, assisting to supervise the department when management is absent.
- Setting the example for Area Reservationists in verbiage and adherence to service standards.
- Assisting management with the scoring of recorded calls to ensure the team is adhering to service and sales standards.
- Taking the lead in assisting and ensuring effective guest challenge resolution. Working closely with fellow guest service associates and other departments to resolve any challenges; ensure follow-through and exceed guest expectations when possible.
- Assisting with completion and ongoing maintenance of procedure manuals
- Assisting with the creation of a robust and organized training plan for new agents
- Assisting with the creation of the monthly reservations team schedule
- Leading the team with the handling of VIP reservations
- Creating a genuine, informative, and personalized reservations experience. Graciously accommodate guest’s requests; engaging each guest with a smile and appropriate hospitality greeting using the guest’s name.
- Maintaining complete knowledge of the resorts and other information including the following:
- All resort facilities/services offered and hours of operation
- All studio types, layout, décor, attributes and locations
- All studio rates, special packages and promotions
- All spa treatments and offerings, their benefits and costs
- Daily stats, including availability
- Entertainment/special events scheduled on property and in the area
- Directions to the resort from airports and other major landmarks
- General info, descriptions and directions for local services, restaurants, wineries and points of interests.
- Accurately inputting guest contact information. Adding information to guest history such as; previous stay experience, special occasions, preferences, and other pertinent information.
- Accurately tracking performance levels via Navis sales software so that management can adjust schedules and policies as needed.
- Ensuring that all billing and financial transactions are accurately and efficiently executed on behalf of guests.
- Upselling services and offerings as appropriate, ensuring that each guest is fully educated about the resort’s offerings.
- Communicating clearly with all operating departments via arrivals meetings, email, phone, and radio to ensure that the needs and requests of the resorts guests are met.
- Making suggestions for improvements in overall operations with an emphasis on increasing guest, member, and associate satisfaction, while meeting revenue goals and managing costs.
- Attending all team meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Available to work holidays, weekends, and evenings as needed.
- Performing other administrative tasks as assigned by the Area Director of Reservations.
- Minimum two years in a hospitality, spa, or reservations position, preferably at a luxury resort.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English both verbal and written.
- Ability to create professional business letter correspondence.
- Must possess gracious people and sales skills, excellent phone manner and ability to engage in a positive manner with each and every guest.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English, both verbal and written, using correct spelling and grammar, with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding, both in person and by telephone.
- Aptitude with computer database systems, Opera preferred.
- Intermediate level skills in typing, and Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to ascertain the caller's needs and comply with such to ensure caller's satisfaction.
- Ability to process written requests for all manner of reservations.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of all guest and resort information.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, think clearly and follow up.
- Ability to focus attention on details, remain calm under pressure and process requests quickly and accurately. Ability to work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to work midweek, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of the local geographic area, competitors and business trends.
- Knowledge of the spa industry, treatments, and modalities.
- Spa experience in a luxury hotel environment.
- College coursework in business, communications or hospitality
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts, with 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic, and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
A century ago, Calistoga was a town centered around its bubbling natural hot springs and the beautiful weather of the Napa Valley. Today, it’s a bucket-list destination for ardent wine lovers, foodies, and wellness seekers for its particularly enviable version of the “good life.” Solage was created to reflect its hometown spirit, drawing visitors as well as area vintners who come here after a day in the vineyards to relax over a glass of wine or a craft cocktail and connect.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
The successful candidate will have a general understanding of Solage, the Hospitality industry and this position.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Auberge Resorts LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge Resorts LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a hourly positions position