Company & Property Description
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
A century ago, Calistoga was a town centered around its bubbling natural hot springs and the beautiful weather of the Napa Valley. Today, it’s a bucket-list destination for ardent wine lovers, foodies and wellness seekers for its particularly enviable version of the “good life.” Solage was created to reflect its hometown spirit, drawing visitors as well as area vintners who come here after a day in the vineyards to relax over a glass of wine or a craft cocktail and connect.
The Local Expert creates experiences for resort guests that are personalized to guest preferences and interests and that tap into and highlight the local features of Napa Valley and Calistoga. The Local Expert is an individual dedicated to his/her profession beyond the norm, making a personal commitment to self-educate and act as ambassador of the resort and the Napa Valley.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Communicates with guests prior to arrival and during guest stay to ascertain preferences and interests and provide insightful recommendations for Napa Valley experiences.
- Assists guests with all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, in-house events, directions, etc.
- Handles all guest interactions with the highest level of warmth, courtesy and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible. Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Resolves guest concerns with empathy and expediency.
- Processes packages and mail for arriving and in house guests and coordinates with guests regarding delivery method.
- Utilizes a variety of software programs (Opera, Alice, G-Suite) to ensure timely communication with guests and team members regarding requests, services rendered, confirmations, deliveries, etc.
- Works closely with Guest Service staff to ensure smooth handling of guest escorts, deliveries and special requests.
- Ensures that collateral and information for restaurants, wineries, museums, attractions, maps and other local attractions are updated and current.
- Remains educated and abreast of Napa Valley experiences and establishes strong professional relationships with vendors in these areas in order to provide information, ticketing and reservations for guests.
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers, supervisors and managers.
- Assists with responsibilities and duties in the absence of or due to heavy volume in areas of Guest Services.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by management
- Guest Service experience, preferably in luxury hotels.
- Knowledge of Napa Valley, its geography, dining, wineries, sights and other places of interest.
- Professional, warm, polished demeanor.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in business English and ability to articulate experiences and venues.
- Computer skills in Word processing, email and comfort/confidence to learn and master new computer programs: G-Suite, Opera, Alice, etc.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Ability to be flexible with job demands and open minded when being asked to complete tasks.
- Ability to operate and use office equipment.
- Ability to conduct seated work for the majority of shifts.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, we look forward to your application to speaking with you about becoming part of our family.
Solage is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Solage provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Solage complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Front Office
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position