Company & Property Description
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
A century ago, Calistoga was a town centered around its bubbling natural hot springs and the beautiful weather of the Napa Valley. Today, it’s a bucket-list destination for ardent wine lovers, foodies and wellness seekers for its particularly enviable version of the “good life.” Solage was created to reflect its hometown spirit, drawing visitors as well as area vintners who come here after a day in the vineyards to relax over a glass of wine or a craft cocktail and connect.
Join our team as Director of Talent & Culture and become one of the authors of our story. As part of the Solage family, you will be the business partner to the General Manager and Executive Committee to drive talent and culture initiatives, be the culture steward, and ensure a commitment to training and standards of excellence. As part of the Auberge family, you will support all team members of Solage in providing exceptional employee experiences along their employment journey.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Recruiting: manage selection processes and onboarding, ensuring the employment experience begins in selection; partner with local schools and hotel schools; manage local team member housing
- Benefits: local annual benefits enrollment, billing/reconciliations, on-going Q&A, FMLA/LOA processing, and compliance
- Engagement: focus on internal communication, facilitate employee feedback meetings, administer annual employee engagement surveys and action planning, develop and maintain engagement calendar (recognition, events)
- Performance Management: manage 90-day and annual review processes
- Training: facilitate a great onboarding experience, facilitate the Management Development Program, deliver Leadership Training Series content, ensure compliance with national and state/local training requirements, be a champion of daily rallies, ensure they are practiced and are part of the everyday culture in the hotel.
- Development: monitor Personal Development Plans for all managers, participate in annual Talent Review processes
- Total Rewards: partner with finance and GM on offer preparation, ensure a total rewards package that is locally competitive and attractive, enliven on-going team member recognition
- Positive work environment: triage employee relations issues, maintain an on-going "listening strategy" to include stay interviews, GM roundtables, department meetings, daily rallies, champion our Social Purpose
- Health & Safety: ensure on-going COVID response (compliance to internal health & safety SOPs and local/state/national regulations), ensure we maintain a safe working environment; lead the safety committee in conjunction with Engineering/Facilities
- Compliance: ensure compliance with federal and state labor law, (EEO, wage & hour, exchange visitors, regulatory agencies), maintain a consistent approach to records management, with the highest degree of confidentiality (HR/payroll system/employee files), partner with payroll administrator to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing
- Minimum 5 years' experience as the leader of the people function for a luxury hotel
- HR supervisory experience
- A detailed and up-to-date understanding of employment laws
- Strong computer skills (Google Suite preferred); ability to work with spreadsheets, develop and maintain documents, and develop presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Ability to facilitate meetings and deliver presentations to large groups
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Spanish language skills (verbal/written)
- PHR or SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Auberge Resorts Collection is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Talent & Culture
This is a management positions position