Our Company & Our Property
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
About Solage, Auberge Resorts Collection
Solage, Auberge Resorts Collection, redefines “fun” in the heart of California wine country with 100 design-focused and environmentally conscious studios, each featuring complimentary cruiser bicycles for guests use and a 130-foot landmark swimming pool. A local favorite and destination for foodies, the resort is home to acclaimed signature restaurant Solbar, which offers a living menu that has no borders and is guided by the seasons. The award-winning Spa Solage offers 20,000 square feet of health and wellness with 14 treatment rooms, Bathhouse, state-of-the-art gym and a Yoga & Movement Studio with complimentary daily fitness classes.
Join our team as a Convention Services Manager and become one of the authors of our story. You will be a primary onsite contact for all contracted event hosts during the planning and execution of events. Responsible for servicing and detailing out BEO’s (banquet event orders) for all definite weddings and corporate groups. Responsible planning and executing preplanning site inspections for wedding, social and corporate groups. Attends and leads weekly BEO meetings ensuring that all group resumes are distributed with accurate information and in a timely manner. Maintain and develop partnership with key vendors; events are all design lead and custom curated. Menu curation & the ability to upsell are key to driving revenue. Capturing additional events and site fees from groups and social events are top goals for this leader. Finally, working with banquets on the day of execution and assisting accounting with accurate and timely bill distribution are important as well.
Core ResponsibilitiesPlease note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, some of the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Knowledgeable of all resort department functions.
- Ability to do comp set shops and create and price banquet menus appropriately.
- Knowledgeable of revenue forecasting and variance preparation.
- Well-organized, detail oriented with excellent follow-up.
- Coordination of arrival amenities for all wedding & event VIP’s
- Developing floor plans and event payouts that streamline the experience
- Plan and execute world class pre planning site inspections
- Upsell events and packages to perspective planners and events
- Offer pricing options that maximize revenue and profit for the resort
- Ensuring the achievement of resort revenue goals, including average check, site fees and profit margins
- Foster relationships and collaborate with key local, regional and national wedding planners
- Answer catering/wedding telephone lines and direct calls as needed.
- Maintain a relationship with social and business contacts through planning of events and weddings.
- Maintain a peer relationship with Group Sales, Wedding & Social Sales,Reservations, Accounting, Banquets Team and Operations team to ensure the department runs smoothly.
- Responsible for managing all facets of weddings and corporate events.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and operations departments of the hotel to ensure a successful wedding/event for the clients and all of the client’s needs are met and communicated accurately and efficiently to all departments of the hotel.
- Assist in managing room blocks for corporate and social events.
- Assist in contacting clients and timely collection of all deposits for wedding and catering events. Keep track of deposits received and past due for timely collection of deposits
- Partner with Banquets and Accounting to develop accurate master bills and ensure bills are sent out (3) days after group departure.
- Provide info for updates of the weekly Catering pace report.
- Assist with collecting rooming lists. Responsible for following through to collect all names in a timely manner.
- At 30 days from arrival for all wedding groups and events with multiple rooms, reach out to clients to collect and input all billing checklist items and prepare an accounting billing spreadsheet for wedding groups in a timely manner.
- Develop, input and distribute resume data for each social event & corporate group.
- Previous experience in Convention Services as a top performer.
- Previous experience with servicing for corporate groups and social groups.
- Must be positive, result orientated and can work under pressure.
- Experience in designing events and working with vendors.
- Great communication skills and ability to work with a diverse group of team members including sales staff and food and beverage staff.
- Comprehensive knowledge of personal computers and various property specific applications, such as Daylight, SMS, Word, Excel, Delphi.fdc, Ivvy, Opera, Outlook and Internet preferred.
- Experience with managing several priorities at once.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, we look forward to your application to speaking with you about becoming part of our family.
Solage is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Solage provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Solage complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Sales & Marketing
This is a management position
This is a management positions position