Job Title: Associate Director- Strategy
Reports To: CEO
As the Associate Director- Strategy, you'll be responsible for helping TDA_Boulder create actionable brand materials that set our clients up for success. We are looking for candidates who have a strong background in ideating, creating and executing brand strategies. We work with a lot of challengers and your ability to sell in an abstract, sometimes risky but well thought out, POV should be very strong. You will be working with a fellow account planner and working both as a partner, and a mentor, is paramount the success of the planning department. Collaborating across all agency disciplines is key to success in this role. You'll have to do a lot of account planning things too: sift through reams of first, second and third-party data including news articles, trend reports, brand studies, consumer studies and surveys, ethnographies, and focus group reports to unearth valuable insights that will inform easy to read, actionable creative briefs. You'll also: present research findings, prep work, create materials, make brand platforms, manage brand and consumer research projects on behalf of clients. It's our expectation that you will think independently, without personalizing insights. You will create deliverables collaboratively while working autonomously. TDA_Boulder's portfolio includes financial services, food and beverage, CPG, health and wellness, Telco ??" experience in one or more category would be helpful but not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, execute, compile and analyze research.
- Presents elements of research/strategy findings to internal teams.
- Craft creative briefs collaboratively and help sell in to clients.
- Persuasively brief creative teams.
- Develop relationships with independent researchers.
- Client facing, act as a strategic leader for clients.
- Monitors cultural and social trends that effect a clients’ business.
- Manage and mentor department personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college required.
- 5+ years’ experience in advertising agencies.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills a must.
- Willingness to create a department which openly collaborates with all other departments in the agency.
This is a full time position