Arrive at a place that embraces you in its serenity. That whispers with an unmistakable imprint of grace and timelessness. That is a melding of inspiration and location.
The Setai offers a refreshing balance between the sizzling South Beach scene and a serene tropical hideaway. The luxurious oceanfront environment combines the Asian traditions of simplicity and elegance with the Art Deco history of South Beach to create an intimate, private world coveted by discerning travelers.
A melding of inspiration and setting, The Setai embraces in its serenity while connecting guests with what has always been the area's greatest attraction: the beach, the sun, the culture, and the nightlife.
We are now looking for aspiring Front Desk Agents to join our outstanding team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about and naturally skilled at achieving Total Guest Satisfaction while demonstrating decorum and discreteness. You must have at least 2 year of experience as a front desk agent in a luxury hotel or 3 years in a boutique or high-end independent hotel. Most of all you must live and breathe Hospitality.
The Setai recognizes that employee benefits are an important component of your total compensation. We are pleased to offer a competitive benefit package for all full time employees including many programs unique to our hotel.
What we offer:
Short Term Disability Insurance
Retirement plan - 401(k) program
Generous Paid Time Off Program
Jury Duty Pay
Food & Beverage Discounts
Employee Referral Program
Uniforms & Maintenance of Uniforms
Parking privileges are not offered with this position.
The above is an example of the benefits offered at The Setai. Not all benefits are guaranteed and benefits are subject to change. A full listing of benefits will be provided upon hire as outlined in our employee handbook.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for responding to incoming calls in a timely manner and directing caller to appropriate destination, meeting The Setai’s standards of excellence in guest service and quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Exemplifies commitment to The Setai’s mission of Total Guest Satisfaction
- Responds to incoming calls in a timely manner, directing caller to appropriate destination providing a smooth, clear and professionally courteous communication
- Consistently offers professional, friendly and warm hospitality to all guests
- Promptly and accurately routes all emergency communications
- Promptly and accurately routes all internal phone calls
- Maintains knowledge of all hotel restaurant venues, facilities, capacity and hours of operation
- Performs all wake up calls on schedule, with a friendly, courteous demeanor
- Continually communicates needed information to all Hotel staff
- Maintains cleanliness, safety and security of the PBX area
- Maintains confidentiality, security and integrity of guest and employee information
- Monitors any alarms within the PBX system and promptly notifies the correct manager or department
- Attends daily briefings, meetings and training as required
- Reports to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and in the correct uniform
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent; AND a minimum of two (2) years of experience as a PBX operator in a luxury hotel; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE:
- Reputation for handling situations and confidential information discretely, projecting a positive, professional and supportive outward image and exercising good judgment for the position
- Excellent PBX equipment skills
- Excellent customer service skills and demeanor
- Excellent communication skills
- Pleasant telephone voice
- Strong knowledge of hotel facilities
- Ability to focus on details
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Compliance with attendance guidelines outlined in The Setai Employee Handbook
- Fluent in English, additional languages a plus
Able to perform all essential duties with or without accommodation
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position