The Position: We are in search of candidates who will be providing engineering and acquisition support to our government customers. This is not a specific job opening, but a means to collect resumes for current and future opportunities. Applying here will add you to our database and make you searchable to our recruitment department.
The Location: Patuxent River, Maryland: Best Places for Tech Jobs (#4)
The Engineer provides document development to support acquisition in accordance with the latest 5000 series instructions. Documentation development spans the systems engineering/acquisition life cycle of the platform, systems or sub-system. Acts as the team leader or supervisor developing engineering procedures and controls, managing project efforts, and taking the lead in problem resolution.
Supports Block Upgrades, ECPs, associated technical reviews, and system specifications and other technical documentation associated with the maintenance and upgrade of the fielded TCTS I training system. There are site visits required to support the upgrade to the fielded system.
The successful candidate will have the education and experience below:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, management or relevant technical discipline and 4+ years of experience. Years of experience may be substituted for degree.
- Development of systems engineering documentation to include, but not be limited to AP's, POA&M's, PMP's, TEMPS, SEMPs, MNS, ORD, ICD, CCD, and CPD in accordance with the latest DOD 5000 series instructions.
- Technical documentation evaluations to include, but not be limited to prime contractor deliverables, system specifications, functional requirements documents, mission planning documents.
- SOW/specification input to competitive procurement packages.
- Development of aircraft upgrade initiatives.
- SEST / SETR participation.
- Design Experience relative to aircraft in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Hardware/Software Integration or Systems Integration.
- An Active DoD Secret clearance is required.
The Working Environment: The physical environment requires the employee to work on-site at the government program office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for the majority of the workday. The employee may be required to walk short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. In some occasions, the employee may be required to drive to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, travel may be required.
AM Pierce & Associates offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, Safe Harbor Plan with Immediate Vesting
- Discretionary Profit Sharing Program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Incentive Programs
- Awards and Recognition
- Employee Assistance Program
- Will Preparation, Identity Theft Protection & Legal Support
- Travel Assistance
- Financial Foundations Program
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Local Gym Discounts
AM Pierce & Associates complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations concerning Affirmative action and workplace equal opportunity; in further detail, AM Pierce & Associates does not discriminate in employment decisions (to include applicants and employees) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. AM Pierce & Associates takes affirmative action to ensure that equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of employment. AM Pierce & Associates does not take adverse employment actions against applicants and employees for asking about, discussing, or sharing information about their pay or the pay of their co-workers. For more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may call 240-718-3800.
AM Pierce & Associates verifies employment eligibility through E-Verify. Check out our E-Verify Right to Work Brochure.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs