The Partnership is looking for a Manager of Student Recruitment & Strategy responsible for developing, managing and executing strategic initiatives to bolster student recruitment at our network of schools. In an overall context of declining enrollment at traditional public schools in Los Angeles, stabilizing and growing student enrollment is a critical element of school transformation. The Manager’s role is aimed at generating capacity, strategies, resources and momentum so that our schools can improve outcomes for all students.
This role includes being the coach/liaison to traditional public schools on implementing effective school-based strategies to help boost student recruitment and enrollment. It also includes spearheading network-wide initiatives, including marketing Partnership schools and coordinating joint initiatives between schools.
The Manager will work closely with the Partnership schools’ leaders, administrators, coordinators, and Family Action Teams. The manager will report to the Senior Manager of Strategy and Operations.
The Manager’s key responsibilities include the following areas and may be changed based on the needs of the organization and schools we serve.
- Develop tools, strategies and systems to support schools in setting thoughtful enrollment goals and strategies and monitoring progress so that necessary adjustments can be made
- Determine competencies for effective school recruitment leads and support schools to identify them and build systems to support their success
- Plan and execute workshops for recruitment leads aimed at sharing best practices and build a community of practice
- Support a subset of targeted schools more intensively through coaching, side by side planning, and mobilizing resources needed for execution of plans
- Conduct data analysis to support all schools
- Research and codify best practices from outside and inside our network
- Champion and support development of improved marketing materials for Partnership and Partnership schools
- Champion and work with senior directors to create and plan for time for school leaders to collaborate in feeder patterns
- Establish and work with senior directors to reinforce minimum expectations for all schools around recruitment
- Manage, grow and develop partnerships with key stakeholders
- Manage AmeriCorps VISTA volunteers working on school readiness and transitions project
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 3-4 years of marketing, education, community organizing, and/or social service experience particularly in one of the three communities we serve (Boyle Heights, South LA and Watts)
- 1-2 years of experience directly leading student recruitment initiatives
- Experience working in a school environment
- Knowledge of enrollment policies and procedures
- Knowledge of marketing tools and strategies
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; adaptable when managing multiple shifting priorities; ease at managing competing demands and determining priorities independently
- Comfort and experience with developing and leading trainings and professional development for adult learners
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and limited direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate complex ideas simply and succinctly
- Strong computer and technology skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, familiarity with Google docs, and interest in and ability to learn new platforms
- Data analysis skills; ability to summarize student enrollment data in tables and identify trends
- Ability to work collaboratively with other experienced professionals including school principals, assistant principals, teachers, Partnership colleagues, and candidates for any of these roles
- Strong belief in the Partnership’s mission, approach, and core values
- Hold a valid California driver’s license
- Ability to travel locally in Los Angeles
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. The Partnership offers a competitive benefits package, including health, vision and dental insurance and a 403(b) retirement program.
Please visit https://theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=p6 and click on the position you’d like to apply for (“Manager of Student Recruitment & Strategy”).
The online application will invite you to attach a resume and cover letter for the position. Please ensure your cover letter answers the following prompts:
- Why are you interested in working as a Manager of Student Recruitment & Strategy?
- What experience do you have in student recruitment and community outreach?
- What skills or experiences could you bring to the role?
For technical assistance or questions, please email email@example.com.
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Partnership for Los Angeles Schools