- Ensure that a safe workplace is maintained, based on company policies and OSHA guidelines;
- Ensure that all products produced meet or exceed customer’s expectations regarding quality and service;
- Ensure operation remains in compliance with all applicable environmental standards;
- Maintain operations in excellent condition, mechanically and esthetically;
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of paperwork resulting from daily business; on occasion, handle cash sales from customers;
- Ensure that employees are working efficiently and consistently with company policies and guidelines;
- Maintain a good working relationship with co-workers and outside agencies’ personnel;
- Consistently monitors area to ensure safety and assure safe working habits and conditions;
- Supports Ready-Mix Drivers and Equipment Operators assigned to specific plant, whether permanently or on a temporary basis;
- Ensure maximum plant productivity on a daily basis. Identify, report and correct issues negatively effecting production efficiency and/or quality;
- Works closely with Dispatch to optimize truck and personnel each day;
- Proficient in the batching process and controls of the batching system, and other systems applicable to plant production or processes;
- Responsible for properly maintaining plant and mobile equipment assigned to specific operation, including preventative maintenance and housekeeping;
- Anticipates, plans, and schedules regular plant maintenance, such as, but not limited to: preventative maintenance, electrical, plumbing, welding and general mechanical repairs.
- Monitors and completes applicable environmental reporting, correcting and reporting all deficiencies and makes recommendations to enhance environmental responsibility.
- Ensures adequate and accurate inventory of raw materials. This includes, but is not limited to, weekly physical measurement of storage silos, aggregate stock piles, bulk admixture tanks and value added products such as fibers, dye, and expansion joints.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience;
- SCDOT and ACI certified, desirable;
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check;
- Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical;
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document;
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times;
- Report to work at the designated start time;
- Be able to work overtime when required;
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold;
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook;
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required; and
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- High school graduate, G.E.D., or equivalent studies/experience (preferred); and
- Great attention to detail and stress tolerance.
Visit Careers at American Materials Company