Be Exceptional. Deliver Excellence. Make A Difference.
LimnoTech is a leading environmental engineering firm with clients who face water-related problems that are more challenging and costly than ever before. It is our job to help our clients make decisions based on the best available science and real-world constraints.
Are you ready to join a team of smart, talented people who are motivated every day to deliver excellence and make a difference for our clients, our partners, and the environment?
LimnoTech seeks an experienced professional to support project management, technical project work, and business development, with high focus on water stewardship and sustainability. In addition to water stewardship/sustainability projects, the successful candidate may also support projects in LimnoTech’s other service areas such as watershed assessments and modeling, stormwater management, and ecosystem restoration assessment. The candidate will be based in one of LimnoTech's primary office locations (Ann Arbor, Los Angeles, Oakdale, or DC).
Manage corporate water stewardship projects related to:
- Water stewardship project benefit quantification
- Corporate water accounting and reporting (e.g., CDP)
- Water risk assessment
- Corporate water strategy development
- Decision support tool development
- Water stewardship plan development and implementation
- Stakeholder mapping
Technical and strategic project work in the above and other areas
Support business development of LimnoTech's growing water stewardship practice area
- Identify leads and develop proposals, scopes, and budgets
- Support vision for continued growth in practice area
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, or a related scientific discipline from an accredited university program is required. Master’s level or higher degree in science or environmental engineering is strongly preferred. A cross-disciplinary degree with added focus in liberal arts, business and/or sustainability would be valuable.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in environmental / water resources consulting, corporate or research fields.
- Project management experience
- Proposal development experience
- Strong technical skills in hydrology/water quality/ecosystem assessment and/or modeling.
- Experience in data management and analysis (MS Excel, Google Sheets, databases)
- Direct experience with corporate water stewardship program development or implementation
- Strong communications skills (verbal, written), effective at synthesis technical information to a broad audience.
- Interest in business development and an established network of professional contacts in corporate sustainability/stewardship
Desirable Additional Qualifications
- Experience with corporate sustainability and water stewardship
- Experience with carbon and/or ecology-focused sustainability
- Experience with Alliance for Water Stewardship Standard
- Water footprinting and CDP/GRI sustainability disclosure/reporting
- Cross-disciplinary education in environmental science/liberal arts/business
- Coursework or experience in environmental economics
- Experience with supply chain and sustainable agriculture
LimnoTech rewards high achievement within a supportive working community. Individual achievement is rewarded through a unique merit review process based on recommendations from colleagues at all levels of the company, plus positive feedback from clients. This system drives pay increases and opportunities for increased project and corporate responsibility. We track individual progress annually to ensure competitiveness within our industry and identify opportunities for targeted professional development. The salary for this position will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications and is expected to range between $90,000 and $120,000 annually.
In addition to highly competitive compensation, LimnoTech offers an outstanding benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401k plan with company match; an employee stock ownership program (ESOP); flexible benefits program; medical leave; and more.
Our collegial environment and flat management structure aren’t for everyone; there is no formal “corporate ladder” to climb. Instead, we offer each employee the opportunity to chart their own paths to success, and provide the tools and guidance to do that.
For more information about our firm, please visit www.limno.com
LimnoTech is an employee-owned (ESOP), affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.
We value a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace at LimnoTech. We believe that collaboration between diverse individuals with different perspectives and a unity of purpose will strengthen our company culture and yield innovative solutions for our clients. Therefore, we will intentionally increase awareness, foster dialogue, and seek continuous improvement in diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our company systems and practices. LimnoTech welcomes all qualified candidates for a diverse work force, and we are committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination. Employees are hired and promoted based strictly and solely on their competence to perform the work, without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
LimnoTech uses E-Verify® in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
We intend to have our website and job application functions accessible to everyone. If you or someone you know needs assistance completing an employment application, please contact us at 734-332-1200.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs