Be Exceptional. Deliver Excellence. Make A Difference.
LimnoTech is a leading environmental engineering firm with clients who face water-related problems that are more challenging and costly than ever before. It is our job to help our clients make decisions based on the best available science and real-world constraints.
Are you ready to join a team of smart, talented people who are motivated every day to deliver excellence and make a difference for our clients, our partners, and the environment?
Advance your career working for an internationally respected industry leading environmental-water resources firm. LimnoTech’s focus is on developing and applying the latest tools in environmental-water resources engineering to effectively solve client problems and protect our water environment. LimnoTech offers great people to work with, numerous opportunities for professional development, and a company culture that emphasizes collaboration and continuous improvement.
We have an exciting opportunity for an early career water resources engineer, scientist, or data scientist to help meet ongoing/expanding project needs. The selected candidate will work in either our St. Paul, MN or Los Angeles, CA location.
The engineer or scientist hired will provide support for a variety of interesting and innovative water resources projects in LimnoTech’s diverse service areas, such as:
- Hydrologic, hydraulic, water quality and watershed assessments and planning
- River, lake, estuarine and coastal studies
- Urban stormwater management
- River and wetland restoration design
- Corporate water stewardship
- Waterfront redevelopment
- Water sustainability assessments and planning
- Clean Water Act programs and compliance
- Climate resiliency assessments and planning
Initial responsibilities will include technical tasks potentially including:
- Data management, processing and assessment, including developing automated tools for data management, analysis, and visualization using modern data science tools, often with a geospatial context
- Development, calibration, and application of environmental models, including workflow automation, optimization routines, and visualization capabilities for:
- Hydraulic and hydrologic (H&H) modeling and evaluations
- Water quality modeling and watershed assessments
- Greenhouse gas exchange and carbon sequestration modeling
- Researching and quantifying water benefits for corporate clients
- Support restoration design processes, calculations, and drawings
- Preparation of technical presentations and documents
- Managing automated workflows within collaborative GitHub repositories
Our scientists and engineers work closely with senior staff to develop sound approaches for addressing our clients’ problems. LimnoTech emphasizes collaborative learning, advanced training, and professional leadership, providing team members with the tools and work environment needed to chart their career paths. Opportunities to grow will abound, including developing into roles making contributions in the following areas:
- Technical task coordination and leadership
- Project management
- Subject matter expertise
- Client management and business development
Motivated and enthusiastic team members with good interpersonal skills thrive in our collegial organization. If you like working with other smart, dedicated people solving challenging problems, we’d like to hear from you.
The following are required qualifications for this position:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Environmental Engineering, Water Resource Science, or related environmental geoscience discipline from an accredited university program.
- Alternatively, a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
- Capabilities in environmental and geospatial data management, analysis, visualization, and modeling.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as are strong analytical and computational abilities.
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S. for any employer (proper documentation is required).
The following are desirable additional qualifications for this position:
- Capabilities in surface water or groundwater simulation modeling (e.g., SWMM, HSPF, HSP2, SWAT, RAS, Modflow, GLM-AED, or similar).
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Scientific computing experience and programming skills in Python, R, C++, or Fortran.
- Machine Learning and advanced statistics experience with environmental and geospatial datasets.
- Background of maintaining strong client relationships and developing new work.
- Interested in and available for field work.
LimnoTech values and rewards high achievement within a supportive working community. Individual achievement is rewarded through a unique merit review process based on recommendations from colleagues at all levels of the company, plus positive feedback from clients. This system drives pay increases and increased project and corporate responsibility. We track individual progress annually to ensure competitiveness within our industry and identify opportunities for targeted professional development. The salary for this position will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications and is expected to range between $80,000 and $100,000 annually.
Our collegial environment and management structure aren’t for everyone; there is no formal “corporate ladder” to climb. Instead, we offer employees the opportunity to chart their own path and we provide the tools and guidance to do that.
In addition to highly competitive compensation, LimnoTech offers an outstanding benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k plan with company match, an employee stock ownership program (ESOP), flexible benefits program, medical leave, and more.
For more information about our firm, please visit www.limno.com
LimnoTech is an employee-owned (ESOP), affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.
We value a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace at LimnoTech. We believe that collaboration between diverse individuals with different perspectives and a unity of purpose will strengthen our company culture and yield innovative solutions for our clients. Therefore, we will intentionally increase awareness, foster dialogue, and seek continuous improvement in diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our company systems and practices. LimnoTech welcomes all qualified candidates for a diverse work force, and we are committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination. Employees are hired and promoted based strictly and solely on their competence to perform the work, without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
LimnoTech uses E-Verify® in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
We intend to have our website and job application functions accessible to everyone. If you or someone you know needs assistance completing an employment application, please contact us at 734-332-1200.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs