Cloud Native Java Developer
Railroad19 Inc.is a company that provides software development as a service.
We are currently seeking a Cloud Native Java Developer that is fluent in both Spring Boot and Java 8 to be a technical resource for the development of clean and maintainable code.
At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. While our headquarters are located in Saratoga Springs, New York, we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US. This is a full time role with vacation, full benefits and 401k.
Railroad19 provides competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stake-holders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Build web applications using Spring Boot
- Build Microservices that connect to Oracle and NoSQL databases
- Build software components that integrate with a workflow engine and/or ESB to execute asynchronous business processes
- Manage the complete software development lifecycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Work with Jenkins to perform continuous integration
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a highly performant application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
- Advanced Java development experience
- Hands on experience with Java 8 (especially streaming collections and functional interfaces)
- Hands on with Scala is a plus
- Hands on experience with NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Hands on experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Netflix OSS is a plus
- Hands on experience with Oracle, ETL
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and be able to effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position