SIX TIMES VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK SONOMA COUNTY, INCLUDING 2016, 2017 & 2018!
Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education, job skill, or experience.
POSITION TITLE: Retail Assistant Manager
STATUS: Non-Exempt- Full time
This position has a starting pay of $17.50 per hour
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDED!!!
As a non-exempt/ full time GIRE employee you will be eligible for 2 weeks paid vacation, up to 10 paid holidays, paid sick leave, medical, dental and vision coverage, health reimbursement account (medical), Life & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, a 20% discount in Goodwill retail stores, and more! Please select our Benefits tab on our home page for more information.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Under the general direction of the Retail Manager, the Retail Assistant Manager will perform their responsibilities in order to maximize sales and training opportunities in the most cost effective manner.
All employees are to maintain a positive and professional work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: In the absence of the Retail Manager, the Retail Assistant Manager will give direction to all Employees, Consumers, and Volunteers assigned to the Retail Store.
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work with the Retail Store Manager to assure smooth operations in the production area.
- Assist with all inventory management functions including intake and processing of donations, stock delivery, and merchandise pricing and rotation in order to achieve, or exceed, the daily production goals.
- Maintain inventory quality standards.
- Maintain adequate stock of supplies while working within the expense budget.
- Assist the Retail Manager with the employment process by partnering with the Retail Manager and Human Resources, if necessary.May conduct employment interviews in conjunction with the Retail Manager, in some store environments.In the absence of the Retail Manager, this will be accomplished under the guidance of the Retail Regional Managers or the Human Resources Department.
- Assist the Retail Manager with training the employees and consumers in proper work habits, policies, procedures, and job responsibilities.
- Provide professional customer service.Attend to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Assist the Retail Manager with merchandising the store.
- Perform cash handling responsibilities with accuracy and timeliness, including operation of the cash register, preparing bank deposits, and completing the Daily Store Report.
- Maintain the facility and grounds in neat and clean condition at all times.
- Promptly report any needed repairs and/or replacements to the Retail Manager, and take action as directed.
- Follow and enforce Loss Prevention and Safety Procedures at all times.
- Provide a safe work environment.
- Accurately update and monitor employee and consumer payroll records.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Respond to on-call emergencies such as break-ins, fires, earthquakes, floods, etc., in some store environments.
- Provide temporary management coverage in the store as needed.
- Attend meetings and seminars as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Retail Manager.
- Minimum of one year experience as a Key Holder, Lead Cashier, or have the equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience, preferably in a retail store environment.
- High School Diploma is required, or the equivalent.
- Basic familiarity with computers.
- Able to organize and work independently.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to lift up to and including 50 pounds.
- Must have access to a vehicle.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License, a clean DMV Report, and California Auto Insurance.
- Must be flexible to accept temporary or ongoing assignments in other GIRE locations.
- Must be easily accessible by phone.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: You will experience a clean retail and production setting, with cement floors, overhead lighting, and a temperate climate. However, materials processed and handled may be dusty, dirty and moldy.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: You will have continuous mobility within the store, with occasional lifting, stretching, bending, repetitive finger movements during occasional computer use, and manual to gross manual dexterity. Lifting of up to 50 pounds, occasionally is required. Vehicle travel is required.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Retail Store Manager
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Department: Retail Stores
This is a management position
This is a full-time position