DEPARTMENT: Finance / Accounting
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDED!!!
As an exempt/full-time GIRE employee you will be eligible for 2 weeks paid vacation, up to 10 paid holidays, paid sick leave, medical, dental and vision coverage, health reimbursement account (medical), Life & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, a 20% discount in Goodwill retail stores, and more! As a member of our senior leadership team you are also eligible for 40 hours of paid Administrative Leave annually. Qualifying individuals may also be eligible for student loan forgiveness, including federal plus loans. Please select our Benefits tab on our home page for more information.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Responsible for preparation of all financial reporting; including financial statements and monthly contract billings, maintaining general ledger, bank and account reconciliations, the annual budget, financial analysis to support business decisions and ownership of all audits (annual, grant, CARF and/or funding source). Ensure accurate and timely processing of all store audits, sales reports, collections, processing of all agency payables and all general accounting work. Monitor and report daily cash flow, store and program performance and various reports required by the C.E.O. Provide training, direction and supervision to accounting department staff. Part of the Senior Leadership Team, expected to engage, participate in and support agency strategic direction.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: Accounting Department staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure financial reports are accurate and timely. Prepare and process monthly data for general ledger. Review all monthly reports for accuracy prior to submitting to Senior Leadership, department managers, and supervisors.
- Oversee and manage annual financial audit, fiscal monitoring and CARF survey including preparation of all requested financial documents.
- Provide direction, training, supervision and leadership to the Accounting Department staff.
- Perform periodic performance reviews for employees.
- Develop and implement fiscal policies and procedures necessary for compliance with GAAP and other regulatory requirements for non-profits.
- Develop accounting department procedures to facilitate timely and accurate flow of financial information. Insure compliance with purchasing and payroll related policies.
- Review quarterly payroll tax return, annual W-2’s prepared by outside payroll service. Ensure accurate and timely preparation of annual 1099s as required.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of accounts receivable and accounts payable agings to general ledger, directing staff to clear any discrepancies.
- Prepare and/or review monthly balance sheet reconciliations, verify and resolve discrepancies with accounting department personnel and/or external institution.
- Provide direction to staff in review and verification of retail store daily report audits for accuracy, required support documentation and in dealing with discrepancies.
- Identify, develop and implement internal auditing procedures for Moniroo, Traverse, eCommerce Sales components (such as Shipping revenue/expense), Salvage sales, and any other area defined.
- Review, verify, and approve all Fee for Service billings prepared by the staff.
- Manage relationships with partners leading to monthly preparation and/or review of grant contractual billings. Oversight of subcontracted partners through monthly billing process and fiscal monitoring.
- Provide direction to agency Departmental staff in development of budgets for agency, Work Force Development service contracts and new stores, as needed.
- Prepare cost analysis for current and future ventures as required by management.
- Develop report formats as required to ensure accurate, useful data.
- Prepare, or support preparation of, tax returns as required for agency. To include sales tax, fuel tax returns, personal property tax returns and any other required tax report filings.
- Coordinate input of budget data to accounting system software.
- Analyze and seek solutions to problems as needed.
- Assist in the evaluation and instillation of future accounting software system upgrades. Ensure appropriate training and support is offered to Accounting Department staff.
- Represent the agency at professional networking events, including actively participating in the California Council of Goodwill's Finance Pillar.
- Participate on agency committees when requested, or assigned based on specialized knowledge.
- Conduct self in courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Adhere to all agency policies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in all phases of accounting. Proven experience in a lead accounting role. Supervisory experience mandatory.
- Highly organized, self-directed and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate well in person, in writing and on the telephone.
- Experience with accounting and spreadsheet software.
- Must have a means to appropriately travel to/from the work place, as well as access to transportation modes that allow for travel to other Goodwill locations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Clean, well ventilated office. Overhead lighting. Carpet. Temperate climate. Low to moderate noise level. Frequent interruptions. Occasional trips to offsite locations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Continuous sitting. Fine finger movements with continual computer use. Frequent bending, reaching, and grasping. Visual skills required.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Chief Executive Officer
PAY GRADE: Base compensation $100,000+, DOE, qualifications and certifications
This is a management position
This is a full-time position