8801 Research Blvd., Suite 100, Austin, Tx 78758
The Greater Austin Merchant Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GAMA provides many benefits and values to its members. GAMA operates a full service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Job Description | Category Manager
Reports to Director of Marketing
Assists in the development and maintenance of SKU data. Fosters strong business relationship with suppliers and support of Procurement Manager.
Responsible for monitoring and reporting product inventory quantities and to efficiently meet customer needs. Monitors all pertinent SKU data for accurate costs, sales, placement and inventory control.
- Analyze costs, track inventory levels, and build recommendations as a result of analysis
- Communicates with Vendors on any revisions or changes expressed by the buyers
- Manages changes to purchase orders
- Evaluates sales records and inventory levels for forecasting
- Assists in the procurement of SKUs
- Prepares analytical reports on inventory performance
- Assists in the preparation of expense statements and budgeting
- Resolves all customer product issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years experience in consumer goods purchasing
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Good communications skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- May be standing or sitting for extend period of times
- Occasional light travel
- Extended period of time working in front of computer monitor
- Some days of prolonged walking
- Benefits from Day 1
- 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, STD
- Life Ins, Accident & Gap Ins
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Retail Holiday Schedule (4 paid holidays)
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.
GAMA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position