8801 Research Blvd., Suite 100, Austin, Tx 78758
The Coast to Coast Distribution is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. CCD provides many benefits and values to its members. CCD operates a full service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Job Description | Category Manager
Reports to Procurement Manager
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Responsible for managing the Supply Chain contracting process, vendor management and category management functions for Indirect Services (ex, Co2, Linen, Trash, Oil), Smallware, Restaurant Equipment and Construction needs (ex, Signs). The ideal candidate will simultaneously be required to assist in maintaining continuous supply at negotiated price points consistent with all applicable quality requirements, reliability of source and overall delivery accuracy. Manage multiple indirect categories to help minimize overall company cost and reduce potential risk to the success of the organization. Strategically evaluate and manage the supplier selection process including the issuance of request for proposals and the resulting analyses of the proposals. Effectively negotiate, approve, and qualify vendors within limits of authority.
• Develop strategies and programs on high spend categories, identify cost savings opportunities, facilitate, and lead sourcing projects, supplier negotiation, and establish and maintain supplier relationships. Develop implementation strategy, assign, and delegate tasks to cross-functional teams, build communication plans and establish timelines.
• Manage all facets of the business relationship with the supplier community. Identify new suppliers that support strategic innovation and challenge existing suppliers to continually improve their processes. Assist in the development and documentation of supplier metrics that identify strengths and opportunities to improve performance.
• Support innovation by working collaboratively.
• Perform supply risk assessments on vendor's raw materials, production capacity and capability, geographic location, as it pertains to the proximity to stores from the distribution points, and other factors to capitalize on opportunities and minimize risk. Create strategic plans to respond to findings.
• Effectively manage cross-functional projects and relationships. Communicate effectively and involve the appropriate franchise and company stakeholders to obtain proactive input and ensure project parameters are effectively established. Provide timely and thorough updates to all parties involved.
• Perform other related duties, tasks, and responsibilities as required, assigned, and directed.
Experience and Skills:
• Experience in writing, evaluating, and assessing supplier contracts.
• Ability to create and build processes and programs where it doesn't exist today.
• Ability to think forward and create strategies for long-term growth and minimize risks.
• Strong analytical, strategic decision-making, negotiation, interpersonal, customer service, and oral and written English communication skills.
• Proficient knowledge of services, equipment manufacturing, distribution and purchasing practices and procedures.
• Proficient knowledge on personal computers and related software applications (Microsoft Office preferred)
• Highly organized and ability to multi-task, think strategically and manage multiple projects with varying deadlines.
• Ability to speak/hear clearly in person and on the telephone.
• Ability to travel to various locations approximately 40% of time as business needs require.
What We Offer:
- Benefits from Day 1
- 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, STD
- Life Ins, Accident & Gap Ins
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Retail Holiday Schedule (4 paid holidays)
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.
CCD provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position