Coast to Coast Distribution, LLC
8801 Research Blvd., Suite 100, Austin, Tx 78758
The Coast to Coast Distribution is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. CCD provides many benefits and values to its members. CCD operates a full service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Job Description | Category Manager
Reports to Procurement Manager
This position is responsible for sourcing potential suppliers, supplier management and conducting successful price negotiations for food and other related categories. Employs industry standard systems analysis techniques to manage supply chain processes. Stays current on products, pricing, and market trends in the restaurant industry.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manages acquisition of material supply, production capacity, logistics, and availability of food products to meet actual demand.
- Negotiates price for assigned food categories and conducts cost analysis to make recommendations through the approved process.
- Responsible for sourcing and analyzing external market reports and understanding commodity trends as well as their impact on product costs.
- Manages and resolves product supply issues within the supply chain. Maintains positive relationships with all suppliers and distributors.
- Manages request for proposals, contract administration, including hard and electronic storage of contracts by department.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on market conditions for assigned food categories.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- 4+ years’ experience in a purchasing or category management preferably in supply chain for restaurant industry
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Visio (as applicable)
- Strong negotiating, project management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate, influence and negotiate decisions while motivating assigned staff.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Advanced professional or theoretical knowledge and functional concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Intermediate understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
- Advanced ability to delegate projects and get work done through others.
- Basic understanding of performance review process
- Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues, manager and direct reports with ample notice and preparation.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Supply Chain Management or equivalent combination of related college education and experience
Working Conditions/Travel Requirements:
- Expected to work the necessary time to satisfactorily fulfill job responsibilities.
- Must be able to report to work timely and as required by operational/business needs.
- Must be able to work a full-time schedule and work outside of normal business hours when necessary.
- Must be able to travel occasionally both locally and long distances (including air travel), to worksites, meeting sites, and other locations.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, submit to releasing a Motor Vehicle Record that adheres to the CCD standards and maintain current automobile liability at minimum levels in their state of residence.
- May be standing or sitting for extend period of times
- Occasional light travel
- Extended period of time working in front of computer monitor
- Some days of prolonged walking
- Benefits from Day 1
- 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, STD
- Life Ins, Accident & Gap Ins
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Retail Holiday Schedule (4 paid holidays)
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.
CCD provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position