Goodwill Industries of the Redwood Empire was founded in 1974 and this year we celebrated our 39th year as one of the largest non-profit organizations in the North Bay Region. Our service territory includes Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino, Lake, Trinity and Humboldt Counties. We provide a wide range of job training, placement and support programs for people with disabilities and other special needs. To support these programs, we rely on government funding and revenue generated in our 11 retail stores from the sale of donated goods.
Last year, we served 2,541 clients in a variety of job training, recovery and life-skills programs and assisted 303 of them in finding competitive employment. We deliver and succeed in this goal because of the outstanding efforts of our over 300 dedicated employees.
WEEKLY HIRING EVENT
Open interviews for full-time and part-time long-term Retail and Operations positions throughout Sonoma County
Every Thursday - 651 Yolanda Avenue, Santa Rosa
Material Handler 1, 2 & 3 – Interviews begin at 8:30 AM SHARP
Retail Support – Interviews begin at 8:30 AM SHARP
Cashier/Key Holder/Third Key – Interviews begin at 12:30 PM SHARP
Guaranteed Interviews for retail and operations based positions including Cashiering, Material Handling and Retail Support, both full-time and part-time long-term. Starting pay $8.75 - $9.50. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays; employee discount; and much, much more!
Interview process will consist of testing, face-to-face screening interview, and individual or group interview. Top candidates will be called back for second interviews!
Reserve your spot by applying for an open position below and completing an application. Be sure to check the box telling us you would like to reserve your spot! We will confirm your reservation by email. Only those individuals who have reserved a spot and have provided complete applications will be accepted for participation each week. We will only be accepting complete applications for this event. Reservations will not be made for candidates who do not have complete applications. Come prepared to participate in the interview and testing process, and put your best foot forward for an opportunity with one of the largest non-profits in our area.
Goodwill is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance in completing our online application please contact Human Resources at (707) 523-0550, ext. 234.
To ensure that individuals who join GIRE are well qualified and have a strong potential to be successful, all job offers are contingent upon verification of employment references, a satisfactory background check and pre-employment physical and drug test.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team of dedicated professionals.
TIPS FOR APPLYING:
1. Apply for the specific position you are interested in by clicking on the Job Title.
2. Complete the Application for Employment IN FULL. We do not consider applicants for positions without a complete application.
3. Upload your resume, cover letter and any other documents that support your Application for Employment.
4. Be sure to include phone numbers and contact names for past employers and include at least three people, not related to you, that we can contact for a reference. We DO check references!!!
We're not just a another non-profit! The Goodwill - Redwood Empire has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the North Bay by the North Bay Business Journal three times. In addition to the benefits of working in a very supportive work environment with dedicated staff, we offer an amazing benefits package to our employees.
Paid time off benefits typically reserved for full time employees are offered on a pro-rated basis to part time employees working 20 hours per week or more as well. From their first day of employment, most Goodwill employees may participate in a number of employee benefits including:
- Paid Vacation (starting at 10 days per year - prorated for employees working less than 40 hours per week)
- Paid Sick Time (prorated for employees working less than 40 hours per week)
- Paid Jury Duty Leave
- Paid Holidays (non-exempt employees are eligible for holiday pay following 90 days of employment)
- 20% Employee Discount at our retail stores
- MHN Employee Assistance Plan
- Safety Incentive Program
- Perfect Attendance & Punctuality Program (for non-exempt employees only)
Following 90 days of employment all regular employees scheduled to work 20 hours weekly or more are eligible for additional benefits including:
- Medical Insurance (three Kaiser plans to choose from -- a HMO, a DHMO and a PPO plan)
- Dental Insurance (with a PPO or DHMO option)
- Vision Reimbursement Plan (at no cost to the employee)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (at no cost to the employee)
- Section 125 plan to pay for insurance premiums using pre-tax dollars
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Note: Full-time employees (those working a schedule of 35 hours or more weekly) pay only 10% of their medical (if they elect the HMO or DHMO plan) and dental insurance premiums.
We also offer many other fantastic programs including:
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Stop Smoking Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
|Work Adjustment Trainer||Wellness & Advocacy Center||WFD - Workforce Development||On Call||6/20/2013|
|Job Coach/Trainer 1||Napa RTC||WFD - Workforce Development||On Call||9/16/2013|
|Material Handler 1||CDC/Northern Sonoma County||Operations||Part time||9/12/2013|
|Retail Support||Ukiah RTC||Retail Stores||Full time||9/18/2013|
|Job Coach/Skills Trainer||Ukiah WFD||WFD - Workforce Development||On Call||10/1/2013|
|Controller||Santa Rosa||Administration||Full time||11/19/2013|
|Retail Store Manager||Petaluma RTC||Retail Stores||Full time||12/23/2013|
|Program Assistant||Santa Rosa 5701||WFD - Workforce Development||Part time||1/3/2014|
|Class C Driver||Santa Rosa||Operations||Full time||1/27/2014|
|Material Handler 1||Ukiah RTC||Retail Stores||Full time||2/6/2014|
|Sales Cashier||Willits RTC||Retail Stores||Part time||2/8/2014|
|Third Key Cashier||Santa Rosa 5248||Retail Stores||Full time||2/21/2014|
|Material Handler 1||Ukiah RTC||Retail Stores||Full time||2/27/2014|
|Material Handler 1||Santa Rosa||Retail Stores||Full time||2/28/2014|
|Key Holder||Santa Rosa 5235||Retail Stores||Full time||3/6/2014|
Don't see a job that fits you? Check out the Join our Talent Pool feature above