Why work for Goodwill?
Goodwill ~ Redwood Empire offers a supportive work environment with dedicated staff who have the common goal of helping to change lives through the dignity and power of work. We hire employees along the entire employment spectrum from entry level to management. Goodwill also offers a number of benefits including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Vision reimbursement plan
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee recognition programs
- Employee discounts
- And much more!
If you do not see an open position on our list below that fits your needs, please revisit our website frequently as open positions may change at any time.Thank you for your interest in joining our team of dedicated professionals!
Tips for Applying:
1. Apply for the specific position(s) you are interested in by clicking on the Job Title.
2. Complete the Application for Employment IN FULL. We do not consider applicants for positions without a complete application.
3. Upload your resume, cover letter, and any other documents that support your Application for Employment.
4. Be sure to include phone numbers and contact names for past employers and include at least three people, not related to you, that we can contact for a reference. We DO check references!!!
Goodwill Industries of the Redwood Empire is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. If you need assistance in completing our online application please contact Human Resources at (707) 523-0550 x267.
To ensure that individuals who join GIRE are well qualified and have a strong potential to be successful, all job offers are contingent upon verification of employment references, a satisfactory background check, and pre-employment physical. A drug test is required for any safety related positions.
Goodwill ~ Redwood Empire offers a comprehensive benefits package to our employees. Paid time off benefits are offered to all full-time employees working 30 hours or more per week. From the first day of employment, most Goodwill employees may participate in a number of employee benefits including:
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time (three days per year for full-time and part-time employees in accordance with California's Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act )
- Paid Jury Duty Leave
- Paid Holidays (non-exempt employees are eligible for holiday pay following 90 days of employment)
- 20% Employee Discount at our retail stores
- Employee Assistance Plan
First of the month following 60 days of employment all regular employees scheduled to work 30 hours or more weekly are eligible for additional benefits including:
- Medical Insurance (four Kaiser plans to choose from -- an MVP, a DHMO, an HMO and a PPO plan)
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Dental Insurance (with a PPO or DHMO option)
- Vision Reimbursement Plan (after 1 year of employment - at no cost to the employee)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (at no cost to the employee)
- Section 125 plan to pay for insurance premiums using pre-tax dollars
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
We also offer many other fantastic programs including:
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
Goodwill Industries of the Redwood Empire (GIRE) was founded in 1974, and is one of the largest non-profit organizations in the North Bay Region. Our service territory includes Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino, Lake, Trinity and Humboldt counties. We provide a wide range of job training, placement and support programs for people with disabilities and other barriers to employment. To support these programs, we rely on government funding and revenue generated in our retail stores from the sale of donated goods. Each year we serve more than 2,000 clients in a variety of job training, recovery and life-skills programs. We accomplish these results because of the outstanding efforts of our dedicated employees.